Everyone plans differently, thats what makes this community so unique and fun. Some people go all out and have “no white space” and others are very minimal. The great thing about being in this community is that there is no wrong way to plan.
I’ll admit when I first got into planning, I didn’t know where to start, it was pretty overwhelming. I’ll also admit that I kinda went with what the most popular girls were doing. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but its how they plan, not me.
Now that I’ve been into planning for almost a year I finally have a strategy on how I plan, and it seems to work really well for me.
- I start with things that that are the same every single week. i.e. trash days, early outs for my daughters (when they’re in school) and blog posts. I know the weekly spreads go up each Monday, and Washi Wednesday will go up every Wednesday
- Then I will look at the mostly view and scan the week that I am on, and plan accordingly.
- I’ll then think of household tasks I don’t do all the time i.e organizing closets, pantry, fridge. I break up these tasks into different days so it gets done correctly.
- I’ll then add in a grocery trip. This is usually on a Friday or Saturday.
- After all of that I then add in personal things i.e. self care, reading, listening to music. Self care is important for anyone so I like to add in 20-30 minutes on each task so I can reboot.
- Then I decorate!!!
Thats it! This has worked out well for me for the past 4-5 months, it’s a system that works FOR ME! I want to emphasize that because what works for me, may not work for you and THATS FINE! thats the beauty of having a planner, and being a planner. Its unique to you, and only you 🙂