With all the planner videos, and photos out there, it can be overwhelming to figure out what you need and what you don’t need.
When I first got into planning, I thought I needed all the stickers, sticker sheets, washi (well I still need all of the washi) and all of the planners!
Well you don’t need a lot! Yes thats right you don’t need a lot to plan. You can get away with the bare minimum and still have fun being in this community. So what do you need?
- A planner – this is obvious. But you don;t even have to spend a lot. Walmart and Target have really cute and functional planners. Check out the dollar spot at Target you can build your own planner for $10! If you want to be even more frugal, check out Dollar Tree!
- Pens – You can get pens anywhere and I mean anywhere. You can spend as little or as much as you want. My personal favs are the pink flower ones by Threshold at Target
- Washi – Now you dont need every washi tape intended. You can get by with about 5-6 rolls and only washi for different tasks. That way you get a little color, but functionality.
- Functional stickers – Now there are stickers which can be really cute, and then there are functional stickers. Such as to-do lists, check lists ect. Not only will these add some cuteness to your planner, but it wont take up space because you can write on them.
- Sticky Notes/Page flags – Now I’m more partial to sticky notes over page flags, but both of them serve the same purpose. I like using sticky notes before I plan that way it can be moved around. They’re also good for if I know I need to do something that week/month but not sure of the day
And thats it! Its not a lot but it all gets the job done. Do you have any essentials not listed?