I did a little video, about finding planner peace with The Happy Planner. I am still using The Happy Planner as my main planner. It just works, and if a planner continues to work, why change it?
Which brings me to this post. Finding Planner peace and why you’re not finding it. Now I got this idea from Alexis AKA MissTrenchcoat Im sure most if not all know who she is. She’s my spirit animal when it comes to being productive, I love all of her content.
I found planner peace long before I found her planner peace video, so a lot of what I knew about how I found planner peace, was mentioned in her video. Now what I didn’t know was why people don’t find planner peace.
You can watch her video for why she feels this way, but I want to give my perspective on this. But first let me say this.
Finding planner peace doesn’t necessarily mean only using one planner. Ok let me explain. Do you have one planner that is essentially the brain, and other planners that go with your main planner? If so you may have planner peace.
Further explaining this. I use The Happy Planner as the planner that houses EVERY SINGLE THING I have to do in my life such as
- Social Media
- To-do lists
- Grocery list
It is basically a huge bullet list of everything I do, and this system works for me perfectly. So with this I have planner peace. Does this make sense.
Now I have a few other planners, and they are all used differently. But each planner is one direct link to The Happy Planner for instance
- Heidi Swapp – personal size, everything from The Happy Planner goes here, for on the go
- Recollections – my wallet, which will become my personal size in november when I am done with my Heidi Swapp. I also have fitness, journal, and inspiration in here. This is not for me to use when I am at home every day. These are for when I am traveling, and I don’t want to take The Happy Planner with me. Now do I need to transfer all of this info to The Happy Planner? No. If its a blog post inspiration and I am traveling it will just go into my phone for a future blog post, then will eventually make it to The Happy Planner once I find a date to make the post on.
- The Day Designer – This is my hourly routine planner. Routine is crucial for me, and helps me stay productive. So whatever is going on in The Happy Planner gets divided up into different hours. This keeps me productive and organized so I’m not jumping from task to task
- DIY Target Binder – for blogging/youtube. This is where I jot down all my ideas so I don’t forget them. When Im looking for a future post/video I turn to this binder and in turn goes into The Happy Planner for future posts
So as you can see all my planners have one direct link, and they’re all used in their own way, to help me in The Happy Planner, which helps me have planner peace. Does this all make sense? LOL
WHY YOU’RE NOT FINDING PLANNER PEACE
Now here is the good part of this post, why you’re not finding planner peace. Are you a person who constantly switches from one planner to the next, because it just isn’t working for you? Well let me try to help you out.
- You’re looking at what the popular girls have on youtube. Now watching planner videos on YouTube is one of my favorite things to do. But their planners work for THEM and thats whats unique about this community.
- You don’t know what you want to use your planner for. Before you even think about buying a planner think about what you need to plan, and go from there.
- Don’t buy the expensive planners starting off. I know IG and Youtube are enabling. I’ve been there, and have bought things based off the cuteness. But don’t do this! My advice is to go to Target, in their planner isle and pick a couple of different styled planners. Plan the same exact things in each planner and see whats working and whats not. After this you can see if a more expensive planner is for you. Also the Dollar Spot as DIY planners you can do for very cheap!
- You don’t have a complete system. As I mentioned earlier, The Happy Planner has a complete system for me which is why it works so well. I could take that one planner with me anywhere and I wouldn’t be missing anything I need. Now a complete system varies form person to person so its up to you to figure out what your complete system is.
Those are my reasons for why you may not be finding planner peace. I hope these tips help you. Have you found planner peace? Do you have any tips? Let me know in the comments!