I’ve been in the planner community for a little over a year. I bought my first Happy Planner the last week of September, and thats how how it all started:) I should say that I had a planner before that. It was one from walmart when I just knew I’d never been a washi or sticker fanatic HA! Never say never, especially in this community 😉
I wanted to do a post to let you know what I’ve learned in this community.
- Never say never! – You will say “Im going to ALWAYS going to use this planner, I will die with it!” Trust me, I said this with The Happy Planner, now look at me.
- Your taste will change. – It will. What you liked a year ago, hell even a month ago you may not even like anymore.
- This community can be very VERY high school. – What I mean by that is that you have the popular girls, you also have the girls who follow them, and do whatever they do because they’re basically “look at me, look at me!”
- I have to plan the way I want/need to plan – For MONTHS I planned like the girls who DETEST white space, and love all the stickers on their page. I wasn’t happy this way, and I got nothing done! A planner is supposed to help you, not make your life harder. So changing the way I plan, changed the way I go about my life.
- People do NOT like when you’re honest/ People LOVE when you’re honest – I’m not a person who is all smiles and rainbows when it comes to anything in this community. I call it like I see it, and if something isn’t right, I will say something about it. I’ve learned that people do not like this. They don’t like it when I talk about their planners or planner company, and thats fine. But I have also have more love for this. I’ve got NUMEROUS comments and DM’s saying “thank you” and “I agree!” about certain things Ive talked about. I really wish more people would speak up. But I don’t mind being the face HA!
- This community is indeed awesome! I’ve “met” some really nice girls, who I would have never met if I didn’t get a planner. 99% of the time these girls are very helpful, fun, inspirational, and hilarious. I have a lot of fun talking with them all
- I didn’t know I could turn a hobby into a business! – I mean Im not new to this idea, people do it all the time. I just didn’t know that a hobby that I love I could also make money from. I never got into this to make money, it kind of fell into my lap
And that concludes what I’ve learned over the past year. Its been fun, its been eye roll worthy, its been laughs, very little drama, but overall I wouldn’t trade it for anything.