2016 was probably the longest year for me. I lost a good friend, a cousin and my grandmother (in that exact order) but it wasn’t all bad. I did well in everything Planning With Kristen related, so this year is a little bittersweet. I thought I would talk about how my 2016 went, what I’ve learned, and what my 2017 plans are.
- I made the decision to monetize my videos. I started my youtube channel back in December of last year as a hobby. I made the decision in August of this year to turn that little button on. After that a company reached out to me for a partnership and the rest is history.
- I hit 3,000 followers on Instagram and i’m almost at 3,000 subscribers on youtube! I know for some this isn’t a lot, but it’s huge for me. As exciting as it is, its also a little nerve-racking because now I have an audience and now I have to have constant, content creation. But I’m always up for the challenge.
- I planned my first planner meet up! It will be in July of 2017 but Im excited for it because it’s something Ive never done before. Interested in the meet up? Here is a link
- Live streams became my most favorite videos to do. I love them because it connects me to my viewers on a more personal level, and everyone has fun.
- With more followers/subs come the hateful comments. With the good, there is always the bad. I have to realize that it wont stop, I just have to keep doing what I’m doing, delete, and block.
- Introducing lifestyle into PWK. I asked everyone what they thought and they loved the idea. So I have started doing this, and everyone is responding well.
- the #pwkstylechallenge. I started my own Instagram challenge and people are loving it. I wanted people to step outside of their comfort zone and take more time into taking a photo. I am loving all of the photos I’ve been seeing.
- I worked with 3 different companies. It was my first time working with companies. I had some great experiences and not so great experiences, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything
- I lost a good friend in February, it was sudden, and I was in a state of shock for about 4 months. I also lost my cousin in the same month. To say February will always be cold to me is an understatement
- My mental health has been up and down this year, but thats BPD for you. I have learned to manage my moods better, when I can
- My husband and I celebrated 16 years of dating and 11 years of marriage!
- I lost my grandmother December 5th. December is now a bittersweet month.
What have I learned?
- That there are some people who do not like opinionated people online. I can’t even count how many nasty comments I’ve received from people because I refuse to be a sheep. It’s fine it just pushes me to keep being me
- I’m a lot stronger than I thought
- Working for myself is not only fun but a lot of work. I don’t have anyone telling me what to do I have to figure it all out. It’s a challenge but its a fun challenge
- It’s ok to be different.
- It’s ok to say no.
- Self care is the most important thing you can do for yourself.
- Its ok if all the things don’t get done in one day, theres always tomorrow.
My Plans for 2017
- To keep pushing, and putting out quality content.
- To start my own stationary business!
- Continue self care
- Take breaks when needed
- To remember less is more
- Have a successful meet up!
- To accomplish my big and small goals and celebrate each and every one