My last blog post was in February, and obviously things have happened since then. I decided to compile a bullet list, and link a couple of videos to let you know whats going on with me.
In PWK World.
- I have surpassed 3300 subscribers on YouTube and 3300 followers on Instagram! This is a huge accomplishment for anyone. If you work hard, stand behind your work/products, are genuine, transparent, and honest your numbers will come and the wait will be worth it
- I opened up an Etsy shop called Pastels Paper I sell digital flat lays, for a new shop I feel that I’ve done pretty well, and people seem to love them, so I can’t complain. If you aren’t sure what a flat lay is, I explain it on my Etsy shop. Still have questions? Don’t be afraid to ask me!
- I now have a PR team for my shop! All 5 of the girls on my team are listed on my shops front page, and they have become some of my best friends. They have had my back, have supported me, and have got me through some really tough times lately I couldn’t have done it without them.
- I have updated my planning system. I have a video here Im very content with system now, and it just works for me.
- I have gone from 3 videos a week down to 2. This way I can give equal attention to my shop, it’s what I needed to do, and I know its the best decision. Not all income is good income if you’re overworked and overwhelmed.
In Kristens World
- Last week I took the girls to Six Flags Magic Mountain, we all had a lot of fun, and I’m sure they’re going to want to go back soon. I don’t mind since we’re only an hour and a half away.
- Some people have left out of my life, and that is absolutely fine. Some people come into your life to stay, and some come in for only a season. It’s ok, and I’ll be ok because I have great REAL friends behind me.
- I have created another Instagram dedicated to everything lifestyle its called @withkristen Im having a lot of fun with it, you should check it out if you haven’t.
- My husband and I plan on taking our daughters to Japan later this year! We have never been, and can’t wait for them to have a huge culture shock, its going to be amazing.
What have I learned from everything going on?
- In the words of MissTrenchCoat to work smarter not harder, her motto is now mine when it comes to work, and its absolutely true.
- That so called friends will use and abuse (emotionally) for personal gain, without an ounce of remorse, and the best thing to do is to drop them and move on with your life.
- Its ok to cry and have a meltdown, the person who has caused this, is not winning, it just shows that you have actual emotions and you cared about this person.
- That Etsy is always a learning curve, I have to always see what works and what doesnt, but it’s a lot of fun figuring it out.
- Running a PR team is work, but it’s fun. I treat my PR team as I would want to be treated on a PR team, I appreciate them, and they appreciate me.
- To never stop being myself. A lot of people want you to be a certain way because they want their feelings sparred. I will never stop being me. I’ve told myself and people “dont like me? stand in line with everyone else!”
Overall I am getting back to a good place emotionally and once Im there I will be unstoppable!